Do you know what is the most common, yet the most inspired ingredients used in South East and
Southwestern cuisines? First, is the green chilli; it is usually recommended for its hotness to add a flavor in any dish apart from its rich salt, and fat.
The second most sought-after ingredient used is kidney beans. These both ingredients are either used together making a perfect combination to balance taste in meat dishes; while they both are also used individually to make a dish sizzling and spicy.
Today, we are going to share a great recipe which can also be said a perfect combination of healthy and spicy cuisine; that is ground beef with pinto bean chili. Everyone loves this recipe as it is easy to cook, and easy to get ingredients.
Following is the list of required ingredients;
- Lean ground beef – 1 pound
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- (1 can) Diced tomatoes – 5 ounces
- (1 can) Tomato sauce – 8 ounces
- Pinto kidney beans – 1 1/2 to 2 cups (if cooked) & 1 15-ounce (if drained or canned)
- Chili powder 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper & Salt to taste
- Cheddar cheese Optional or shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Put a nonstick cooking pot on a flame with medium heat, but first, use cooking spray on it. First, pour chopped onions, stir it well until look translucent, add ground beef, and cook.
- Break down beef completely into pieces till it turns brown completely. Once the meet gets brown, then you will add diced tomatoes, drained pinto beans, tomato sauce, and chili powder; stir the mixture well until all gets blended.
- Try the taste, add a pinch of salt if required, and newly ground dark pepper for extra flavor
- Bring down heat to simmer, cover it, and reduce the heat to low
- Simmer the chili for another 20 minutes
The ground beef with pinto beans chili is ready here, you can ganache it with shredded cheddar cheese and serve it. You can also top it with a spoon of sour cream and sprinkle with chopped cilantro or green onions.